Brief and Objectives
Budget was tight so TED utilised Shoreditch as the home for the campaign, to efficiently drive word of mouth and engage the most socially active and influential drinkers. Building on the previous years ‘RediscoverRed’ campaign, TED created the concept of ‘The Negroni Bar by Campari’ which housed the World’s largest selection of Negroni cocktails. The paid bar offered 35 Negroni variants like the Jerk Negroni – with real pimento leaves flown in from Jamaica, and the Mescalito – swapping out the gin for Mexico’s finest Mescal! TED completely transformed an art gallery and warehouse space into an old Italian street scene fly posted with historic Campari advertising from the last century, and a speakeasy bar featuring a modernist art installation which acted as a visual metaphor for the Negroni drink. Some of the world’s best DJ Talent entertained revellers, while an outdoor garden, adjourned with more Campari art, provided a cool retreat for drinkers to chat and discover more about the brand.
Once a week TED orchestrated the ‘Red Night Sessions’: Invite only parties from 1am till 6am specifically for London’s mixologists and bar staff to come and enjoy the space after their shifts. The bar was made freely available for London’s finest to outshine each other in creating their own version of the famous Negroni. The Red Night Sessions quickly became famous within the bar scene and ensured that Campari brand education naturally flowed from all attendees when back in their respective bars. TED also engaged over 20 other bars in Shoreditch to carry a bespoke Campari Negroni menu for the period, which effectively allowed Campari to ‘own’ Shoreditch for the month.
- 378% increase in brand sentiment vs control group
- +43% Net Promoter Score
- 20 partner bars tracking 175% increase in Campari serves
- 50ft bespoke street level billboard – 1.78M reach
- 3.1 Million total campaign reach
- 11 evenings of Campari curated bar content & music
- Engaging over 5k consumers with over 8k Negroni serves
- The world’s largest collection of Negroni serves ever [35 Negroni variants]
- 82% of attendees rate a Negroni in their top 3 cocktails
- 97% recalled The Negroni Bar by Campari 6 weeks later [86% unprompted!]
- 86% stated that Campari is the Negroni’s crucial ingredient