Brief & Objectives
• Create meaningful conversations and trial experiences with over 400k UK families
• Achieve critical mass awareness across the whole of the UK
• Showcase new games as they are released throughout the year
• Drive content for the community and beyond
TED devised, planned and managed a twenty-four month touring trial experience road show – visiting all major towns and cities in the UK at least once. A modular stand was employed so that it was able to fit many different sized and shaped site spaces. The stand was open on all sides to showcase the product to the non-uniform flow of people in malls and gaming events. The design of the stand itself paid strict visual homage to the product, to act as an effective attractor to the passing crowds. The stand was designed to snap together in assembly with no screws or bolts, saving time and budget on rigging.
TED Staffing selected and trained a group of passionate gamers and Nintendo fans to orchestrate the optimal consumer experience on the stand – ensuring that mum and dad were educated on the product while the kids played games and had fun. To drive sales TED worked with GAME and other retailers to allow for spot prizes and bundled offers to be redeemed by consumers who purchased on the day. The activity was designed primarily to move consumers from ‘consideration’ to ‘purchase’ through effective and tailored experiences to demonstrate the benefits of Nintendo Switch to families and gamers.
- Live from June – December
- 144 activation days
- Over 210k engagements
- Directional ROI of > 400%
- Over 22 game titles trialled
- Over 36 different cities and towns