Brief and Objectives
TED created the concept, and then actualised the vision of building three countdown Christmas clocks, powered by Terry Chocolate Oranges. The Christmas countdown clocks were then installed into each of the 3 shopping malls in the last week of November, ready to begin their countdown to Christmas day. Each clock was identical: A flipper clock was housed on top of a 3-meter clear sphere, inside of which kinetic elements were powered by the falling weight of the product – Terry’s Chocolate Oranges. The sound and sight of the product whizzing around through tunnels, down slides, through gates and spinners, amazed children and parents alike, as they gazed into the spherical clock structures. On the hour each clock would chime, and a hidden scent machine would emit the product’s chocolate orange scent. Single pieces of the product were sampled by a team of highly trained ambassadors, who also entered shoppers into a special competition. Sales of the product were increased by c20% in surrounding outlets and our installation was more popular than Santa’s Christmas Grotto!
- Designed and built X3 kinetically powered Christmas Countdown Clocks – powered by the product
- The activity engaged circa 1 million consumers directly, with over 5m+ consumers indirectly
- 90 days of live activity from 1st to 30th of December – London, Manchester & Birmingham
- Bespoke kinetic sculptures, chiming on the hour & releasing a Chocolate Orange scent
- Over 300k single samples of the product direct to the target audience, and capturing data through a competition mechanic
- We were more popular than Santa’s Grotto!
- Like for like sales were also up by 19.6% in the period